Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday ... I am back !!!

Hello ALL !!! Did y'all miss me ??? Well ... I missed y'all !!! It was a good 4 days in Tennessee riding with all my new friends from the HMRC out of Cape Cod, MA. We stayed in a beautiful 8 bedroom house over looking a wonderful lake. There were about 14. Of us in all with 4 married couples and about 9 guys riding and having a fantastic time with such rides as The Snake and The Devils Triangle ... How could it be anything but fun !!!

Everyone made me feel special and accepted. Sometimes, as the 'new person' in a group, one may feel distant and left out but, not with this bunch ,!! I had a blast ... I did those previously.mentioned rides and felt as though I was holding my own on those switchback curves and fast rolling hills ... I know my smile was as big as the hills we were ascending and descending !!! I told Susan that had she been ridining with me I would have had her nails buried a half inch into my shoulders ... She replied "you think so? " to which I responded "NO ... You would have killed me long before then !!!"

But it was a great four days and I was sad to see everyone pull out this morning ... All headed our separate ways ,,, some back home to the Cape .... Others to Nashville to continue their vacation while Carl and myself returned to our journey West ... Two old friends continuing their dream that was begun 13 years ago as two guys joined up for a ride across the New Mexico desert floor into Tucumcari ... Little did we realize just how much that ride would change lives ... Mostly our lives but surely for the best !!!

But enough of that dream for now ... Let's go back into thee reality of this ride ... One big reason I am here is to raise awareness about Multiple Sclerosis ... I don't know how many times a day I share the story in hopes that it may spark a difference. In someone's life AND to ask folks to please sponsor me by clicking on the DONATION link on the ms ride website and making a donation today ... nO gift is too small !PLEASE make that tax deductible gift now !!! I thank you along with everyone else living with this disease !!!

And now. That I am back ... Please continue to follow this old dreamer's journey across America for M.S. ,!!

No comments:

Post a Comment