Friday, June 3, 2016

Friday June 3, 2016

Today I head to Richmond to ride in this weekend's Colonial Crossroads MS-150 ...  About 27 years ago, I rode in my first MS-150 and was so proud and happy to have completed it !!!  Today, almost 50 MS Tours later and rides from L.A. to Boston in ;02 and International Falls, MN to New Orleans in '06 ... I have ridden over 10,000 miles raising awareness about Multiple Sclerosis and raising money to help find a cure ... We aren't there yet but they have been working hard to help find a cure for this disease.  And I can proudly (but humbly) say that I hsve been part of that journey !!!

This weekend will be a 150 mile test of my ability to ride longer and harder miles ... Honestly, my body feels all the training I have been doing over the past few months.  In just a couple words ... I hurt ... But this pain is bearable ... I am thankful in so many ways that I am even still around to be feeling any pain what so ever !!! 

I want to thank EVERYONE that has been there for me during this quest and journey I have taken !!!  I have been fortunate enough to surround myself with great people !!!  One thing I believe we all strive to do is to love and be loved and the love I have felt and received from my friends over the years has been the "drug" that has kept me going as long and hard as I have !!!  THANK YOU !!!

This is NOT intended as my own eulogy although it may be sounding a bit like one ... I still have life in these tired old bones !!!  And as the poem says ... "Miles to go before I sleep !!!"

My Colorado adventure begins in just a couple more weeks so I ask you to come back and follow that adventure by following this blog !!!  This weekend I am riding for the Multiple Sclerosis Society ansd the Colorado tour will be for the Multiple Sclerosis Alliance of Virginia (MSAV) ... so, if you are so moved to do so, PLEASE send a donation to either cause ... The MSAV address is on the facepage of this BLOG and just contact me for the address to the MS Society !!  These are BOTH most worthy causes ...  I KNOW ... I have given a HUGE part of my life supporting them and will continue to do so as long as this body allows !!!  With YOUR gracious help I might add !!!

Please come back and follow this old guys adventure !!!  Thanks !!!  Kenny

1 comment: